However, one good thing that came of the shortage was that I was able to spend yesterday working on The Raven Queen with no guilt! I'm using a brighter color of Waterlilies silk in her dress, and so far I'm pleased with the results:
I do have one small finish to share, which I had completed a few weeks ago. It was a free SAL on By The Bay Needleart's blog, which came in four parts; the first three parts were regular cross stitching, then the final part added embellishing stitches. I had the first three parts done about a year ago, but never got around to the final touches, so I finally pulled it out and added some spider-web stitch flowers, lazy daisy leaves and French knot flowers. Here it is before:
There is also a kitty on the porch, because any home I'm in will always have a kitty in it!
Last week I offered to send needle minders to some of my readers, and I heard back from seven of them. It was so neat that a fairly wide range of countries was represented in such a small group; three in the US and one each in Canada, Italy, Sweden and the UK. All of them were mailed out this past Monday; a couple in the US have been received already, and hopefully everyone will have them soon.
Hope everyone has a great stitchy weekend!