Monday, June 25, 2018

A call from the WIP bin

Last week I was stitching happily along on Rainbow Ruminations when for some unknown reason I thought of Nora Corbett's Moss Collector, which disappeared into the WIP bin almost two years ago. The urge to pull her out was irresistible, so that's what I did; here is where she had been left off:


And here she is after four days of stitching:


The chart photo on this one is particularly bad; the greens look horrid in the picture, but are actually very rich and vibrant. I'm hoping to be able to finish her later this week.

As for Rainbow Ruminations, here is where I left off for now:


I used some holographic Kreinik braid for the word iridescent:


A model I stitched for Rosewood Manor a couple of years ago has just now been released, and it uses some really pretty Weeks Dye Works threads:


I also received the next model from Karen, so I will probably start that after I finish Moss Collector; that's the plan for now, anyway.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

6 comments:

  1. The colours on the moss collector look beautiful, another waiting in the wings for me to stitch her one day. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moss Collector looks beautiful, I love the greens of her skirt against that fabric. It's nice to see an older project make it out of the WIP bin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Moss Collector is beautiful, such gorgeous colours. I really need to try and get my hands on one of these adorable needle minder dragons...they are stunning aren't they? How lovely to own one. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moss Collector is looking great, love the colors.
    I saw Glory To The Garden, it's on my list!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. A model you stitched a few YEARS ago? I'd never have thought that it took so long for a design to be released!
    Also, for some reason I didn't think you'd have a basket of unfinished WIPs, you always seem so determined in your stitching. Moss Collector is stunning, possibly one of my favourite Nora Corbett designs I've seen so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such amazing stitch work, absolutely beautiful design. You are definitely very talented. I love stopping by to check out your work, thanks for the share. Keep up the posts. Love this!
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete