Monday, January 14, 2019

The lure of new starts

Last week I finished Portrait of Antique Vines (except for the three treasures which I have since ordered) and I am very happy with the greens I chose; here it is in the original pinks:


And in green:


I was going to start Zelda when I finished PoAV, but after taking the tree down and getting some cleaning done I just wasn't in the right mood for her yet. Besides that, I'm going through my usual "no model in the house--I want to stitch everything!" phase, so now I have two new starts!

The first is a Janlynn kit that is kind of far removed from what I usually stitch, but I saw it several years ago and just really liked it for some reason; after searching for a while it finally popped up on eBay and I was able to get it about a year ago. Here is my small start on a piece of PTP Zephyr Cashel:


The second start is in my usual milieu, Nora Corbett's Miss Moth (erroneously titled Miss Moss on the chart) on an opal Lugana Solkweaver solo:


Once I get the treasures for PoAV and sew them on I'll have another set of Qsnaps open, so I'll probably put Zelda on them--at least that's the plan right now...

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

4 comments:

  1. Love your green conversion Melanie. Great new starts.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I'm not a fan of pink, I like the green version of Portrait.
    Great new starts, that house is too cute!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great starts! You've been so good with the models, you deserve some free-flow-stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lady with green background is awesome.

    ReplyDelete