Monday, November 2, 2020

A serious addiction!

 It turns out that the little mittens by Cross Eyed Cricket are even more addictive than I thought they might be, and I spent this past weekend stitching another one. This is If a Mummy Wore a Mitten (in leaflet 350), stitched on a Silkweaver Belfast solo:


I think he's so cute, but maybe a little sad, too. I have another mitten, Tartan Scottie, ready to go, but I probably need to spend more time on the Rosewood Manor model for a while. It doesn't have a set deadline, but I'd like to have it done (or at least almost done) before a new Wichelt model comes either next month or in January so I'd better buckle down and get it done!

The temperature SAL is now 5/6 complete and I am looking forward to seeing it finished in a couple of months:


The past couple of weeks have been colder than normal--the average runs in the low to mid-50s but it's been closer to 39F. I looked at the forecast for the week this morning and saw several 60F+ days ahead, so that will be a welcome change (if it actually happens!).

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!


5 comments:

  1. That Mummy mitten is too cute!
    Loving that Temp SAL.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That mummy mitten is cute, but also confusing! Why does it have an eye on its hand?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I think it's supposed to be a mummy wearing a mitten on his head, but now I'll be seeing an eye on his hand!

      Delete
  3. Funny mummy! Nice to see a change of colour, not much longer now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The temperatures are going down. It is colder here in Finland and there is snow on the ground.Your Temperature one is awesome, if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete