Monday, December 21, 2020

Can't believe Christmas is almost here!

Towards the end of November I "got serious" about the Rosewood Manor model that I was working on and was able to get it finished a week ago yesterday. I sent it back last Monday and it arrived safely in Florida, and now I already have another RM model! It's a fairly small one, though, and Karen is fine with me starting it later in the spring so if I get a Mirabilia model in the next month or so I'll work on that first.

After doing a bunch of housework, putting the Christmas tree up and wrapping presents I rewarded myself with another mitten from Cross Eyed Cricket. This one was a freebie called Cup of Cocoa Mitten, and it is stitched on Silkweaver's Days Gone By Belfast:

After the mitten was finished I was going to start a design called Christmas Ornaments by Nora Corbett which was in the 2012 CS&N Keepsake Calendar. I knew I had kitted it up quite a while ago, but I had to search out where I had stashed it. While looking for it I came across another of Nora's designs in the 1999 calendar called Doves of Peace. I had the calendar where I keep all of Nora's designs but I honestly don't remember when I got it or even knowing that the design existed! So I decided to start it instead of the one I originally meant to start:

As an aside, Christmas Ornaments and several other designs by Nora that have appeared in books, magazines and calendars over the years can be bought as downloads from Herrschner's. I have all of the original publications, and so far I've finished five of the seven designs--just need to stitch Christmas Ornaments and Holly Cherub. Here are the five I've stitched:

Victorian Christmas Eve:


Peace Doves Ornament:


Halloween Fairy:


Sunflower Fairy:


And Snow Queen:


I am happy to say that the temperature SAL is nearing the end. I'm hoping I left enough fabric at the bottom to stitch a chart key...

For those who celebrate it I wish you a very Merry (and safe and healthy!) Christmas, and hopefully a much better year in 2021!

5 comments:

  1. Snow Queen is new to me, how delightful she is! Happy Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Mirabila's.
    Doves of Peace will be so pretty on that fabric.
    The Temp Sal is looking great.
    Merry Christmas!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many of Nora's designs I've never seen before, and they all are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fell down a rabbit hole trying to track down the temperature diamonds SAL, and finally landed here! I don't see that your blog has a search or keyword function, so I'm reaching out for help. Is there a link or download to purchase where I can get the specs for this? I think it's beauty and if like to make one for myself. Any help you can give is appreciated, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's by Carolyn Manning Designs and is called The Granny Square Daily Temperature SAL; it can be found here (copy and paste): https://www.carolynmanningdesigns.com/granny-squares-and-octagons.php#!/Grannys-Daily-Temperature-Stitch-Along/p/159387145/category=30443081. The search function is in the very top left corner of the screen; info about this particular chart can be found in the 11/25/19 post. HTH!

      Delete