So our window installation last month went relatively smoothly; the work was done in three days, none of the cats escaped through the openings when the old windows were removed and there was only one minor hiccup as the transom window in our closet was white on the outside instead of sandstone. They expedited the order of the replacement for it and that was put in on the 29th--so far so good. Unfortunately, because the windows came five to six weeks earlier than expected our finisher can't stain and varnish them until after July 4th. I have blinds ordered which will probably get here in the next week or so, but they can't be installed until the staining is done so we are currently living in a fishbowl and will be for another month! And as someone with a bit (or more) of OCD it leaves me feeling slightly on edge pretty much all the time having an unfinished project all around me. This is why it took me so long to actually get around to starting it in the first place; I know I'll be very happy when it's done but the process is a killer.
Anyway, I was actually able to get quite a bit done on the model while they were here because I didn't want to be upstairs while they worked so I burrowed into my craft room and stitched all day for three days. I'm probably around the halfway point now and hoping to finish it in early July (hopefully right around when our windows get finished!).
I did spend one weekend last month working on Glendon Place's Spook Town Square. I looked back in my blog to see when I had last had it out and was amazed to see that it was almost three years ago--there's no way I would have thought it was that long ago! I'm still working on the second of the four charts, and was able to finish the borders for the two remaining squares in that part. Here's before:
I'm looking forward to seeing the October birdhouse next month!
The Cecilia Votta SAL still has four more parts to go (I haven't done all of the outlines because I'll need to extend my Qsnaps once the next part is done):