Monday, September 9, 2024

Still here and still stitching

It's been another minute since I last posted, so it took me a little while to put together what I've been working on again. It adds up, even when I feel like I'm not making much progress on anything.

My mom and son are still dealing with medical issues, but my dog's issues have been improving--yay! I started the August sheep from Amy Bruecken's Warm Wooly Welcomes during one of my mom's procedures:

I stuck with Cleo and was able to finish her up a few weeks ago:


I am not thrilled with the coverage of DMC 310 here; if I had it to do over, I would probably use three strands. It looks okay from a distance, but pretty thin closer up. Cleo makes the fourth finish of the original six Bewitching Pixies, so I'll be choosing between Ana and Luna when I decide to start another one.

I've made a small start on Nora Corbett's Arezzo 2014, which is a design she did for a show in Italy ten years ago. The chart is hand drawn and difficult to read, but a few years ago I sat down and entered it into a charting program, so it is much easier to work with now:


The balcony is charted in shades of brown, but I wanted to use this fabric (SMF Petals on Belfast) and I thought grays would look better with it; I'm pretty happy with how the changes turned out.

The last model I stitched for Heart in Hand has been released, which is Thankful Tiny Town:

Mine is the one finished as a drum on the cover. It is a really fun stitch, with the turkeys being my favorite part. I'm looking forward to stitching it for myself with the additional Frill included:

I did end up accepting a Mirabilia model from Wichelt, since it has a six-month deadline and that's at least twice as long as I need to stitch it, so that's my focus for now; I'm hoping to work on Arezzo maybe just a day or two each week, as well.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

7 comments:

  1. Cleo is gorgeous, I love the floss colors & fabric.
    Great stitching on Thankful.
    I hope all the medical issues are solved soon.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! Hope you're enjoying the great weather we've been having here.

      Delete
  2. I hope your mom and son get sorted out soon and so glad to hear good news about your pupper! At least there's that bright spot!
    Do you railroad your stitches? It helps a lot with coverage. I'm fussy about having nice fat stitches. 😆

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the good thoughts, and I am certainly grateful for any bright spot right now! I am not a railroader, I just make sure my floss doesn't twist and my stitches are even, but that wasn't enough with the 310 on this piece--it's the only color that looks bad. Part of the issue is that the opalescent fibers in the fabric are showing through the black, but it also just looks thin. Oh well, lesson learned--if it happens again I'll go to three strands!

      Delete
  3. Hello - I was reading through some old posts and loved the colors you choose for Black'd Skie from The Primitive Needle. Do you ever share your thread color choices? Your stitching is amazing! I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It would be difficult to share my colors for Black'd Skie because I just have about 50 skeins of Silk'n Colors on a ring (including quite a few of their limited edition colors) and I use them randomly as I come to each motif. Sorry I can't be more help!

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear your dog is doing better but hope your family is all healthy soon too. Lovely wooly progress. Just love Cleo! I love those Tiny Town's but not really my style so I haven't started one....yet haha. Good luck with your model stitching. I hated the deadline part of doing that.

    ReplyDelete