Monday, September 13, 2021

Couldn't resist the spell of Black'd Skie

 I really meant to focus on a model until October but the pull of playing with the colors on Black'd Skie was too great, so I gave in and spent an enjoyable weekend watching the first block come to life. The chart calls for a lot of muted greens but I like more visual interest so I'm using greens that are a bit more vivid and bringing in some other colors as well. It's difficult to get a true picture from the chart photo but this is how it is charted:

And this is how my finished block looks:

I've always loved coloring, only now I do it with threads instead of crayons and markers. I'm going to try to be good and get "work" stitching done, but I might not be able to resist pulling this one out and starting the second block when the weekend rolls around again.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

6 comments:

  1. It looks great!
    Love that fabric.
    This was always one of my favorites.
    So sad that she is no longer with us, Lisa was a great Halloween designer.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't discover Lisa's designs until after she had passed. Sounds like she was a wonderful person, and of course an amazing designer--I'm not usually a big fan of the primitive style but her charts are an exception.

      Delete
  2. Great stitching, your version definitively looks more vibrant than the cover photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a quick question for you, if you don't mind. I just opened my chart and don't see a thread color corresponding chart. I just have the six pages of the actual coded chart so IDK if mine is missing??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine has nine pages total--a cover page w/photo, six pages of chart, a chart key and a "back page" that lists all of the supplies used.

      Delete
    2. Okay, that's great information...that means I am missing the last page showing the chart key...so frustrating. I bought this from a shop and I don't understand why it's not complete. Thank you so much for helping me, maybe the shop will respond to my emails.

      Delete