Monday, October 4, 2021

A new SAL, and an older one

 I was looking forward to having both of the SALs I worked on this year finished this month as I have a lot of other projects I'd like to start or work on when I take some time for my own stitching, but then a new SAL from Tempting Tangles came out and it really appealed to me so I decided to dive in and see if I can keep up with a new one. This one is called Rooky Wood Mystery SAL and this is the teaser photo that drew me in:


The first part was released last Thursday and new parts will come out every two weeks for 20 weeks, so it will finish next June (if I'm still hanging in there, which is iffy); information about it can be found here. I bought the Dinky Dyes silks for this one and stitched the first part (except for a few bits I'll do when adjoining parts are released) on one of the fabrics I bought from Nicholas Flamel Design on Etsy:


I finished that on Friday and then spent the weekend working on the final part of the Cecilia Votta Advent SAL that came out October 1; it's a larger block than the others so it will take a few more days to complete:


Once this piece is finished it's back to the model for a big push to the finish--it's about 75-80% complete so it should definitely be done by the end of the month. Of course, I already have a Rosewood Manor model waiting to be started...

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

3 comments:

  1. That looks like a fun SAL.
    I've seen post of Nicholas Flamel fabrics on IG, they look wonderful.
    Can't wait to see your model when it's released.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun new start, and great progress on the Christmas SAL too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the Tempting Tangles SALs but they are quite a big commitment. I'll just enjoy your stitching instead!

    ReplyDelete