Monday, February 21, 2022

Lady of Mystery is feeling neglected

I'm a bit sad to say that I haven't worked on LoM for the past few weeks, but I'm hoping to be able to spend a little time on her next month. I made a small start on a Mirabilia model that I need to get back to but I wanted to get caught up with a couple of SALs and I also took a week to stitch a small-ish model for Sue Hillis that will be released at Market in a couple of weeks.

Speaking of models and Market I see that one I stitched for Rosewood Manor quite a while ago will finally be released there:


I loved the colors in this one, which I think were Weeks Dye Works. The vase looks very cool, but it's pretty big and was a lot of stitching (though easy to count and fill in with only two colors, compared to all the colors and designs within the flowers).

I did finish Heart in Hand's Big-Hearted Tiny Town a couple of weeks ago. I'm not usually a big fan of pink but it does work very well in this design:


I wanted to get this one done so I could send all three to the finisher who will be making them into drums:


When I see all three together it makes me wish I had stitched Christmas on 36ct fabric like the other two (or at least 32ct instead of 28ct)--it looks so big in comparison! But as more are released in the series I'll try to get a variety of fabric counts in there so there'll be some of every size.

I almost got behind on The Rooky Wood SAL (which might have been the death knell for staying with this and getting it done on schedule!); I did manage to stitch part 10 right before part 11 came out last Thursday, and then I did part 11 right away so I've made it past the halfway point now:


Since I knew I'd be receiving part 3 of the C. Votta SAL this morning I didn't feel like pulling the model out for just a couple of days so I decided to play around with another Tempting Tangles SAL, Dragon's Blood Mandala Mystery. It calls for one color of thread; the model uses Dinky Dyes Fireside silk but I wanted to add a bit more color so I chose Waterlilies Arabian Nights, as well as a touch of braid and a few beads for some sparkle:


My plan now is to spend today and tomorrow completing part 3 of the C. Votta SAL, then getting back to work on the Mirabilia model for at least a couple of weeks of uninterrupted work.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

12 comments:

  1. Always lovely stitching. I think we have all stitched something and wished we used a different fabric at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I could always stitch it again...not like I don't have hundreds of other patterns waiting to be stitched! :D

      Delete
  2. That RM model is so very pretty.
    Great progress on your other projects, all so pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn. Karen has some other gorgeous new releases as well--Folly Hill Sampler has a stunning parrot that looks like it would be so fun to stitch!

      Delete
  3. Melanie: You have been very busy with needle and thread.
    Rosewood manor design is beautiful.
    I do hope you post photos of the drums when you get them back.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine, I'm thinking it could be at least a month or two for the drums but I will definitely post when I get them back.

      Delete
  4. I love that new Rosewood Manor pattern. That is cool that you stitch models for Karen. One of my favorites is the One with the Gorgeous tropical bird. You stitch beautifully💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really like all of her new releases for Market, but the tropical bird is just amazing!

      Delete
  5. That vase is massive! I think I'd shrink it a little LOL
    Your little towns are lovely, I like the idea of a variety of fabric sizes too.
    The colour you've chosen for the TT SAL is gorgeous too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the vase took almost as long as most of the rest of the design!

      Delete
  6. Even if you didn't work on LoM lately, you got a lot of stitching in - I especially love the Rooky Wood SAL!

    ReplyDelete