Monday, January 31, 2022

That's a massive skirt!

I didn't work on Lady of Mystery a lot last week (darn cleaning and errand running take up so much valuable stitching time!) but I did work down to the bottom so I can now see just how much work filling in that skirt is going to be--shocker, it's a lot! There will be about another half inch of dark blue below the lowest swath of medium blue, and the bottom right portion extends all the way over until it's even with the border frame. I now realize that there is no way that I can get this done before another model arrives, but I will keep plugging away a bit at a time. Here is my current progress:

I did spend some of my stitching time last week completing Heart in Hand's Patriotic Tiny Town, on PTP Feldspar Edinburgh:



When I first saw this one it didn't appeal to me as much as the Christmas town, but seeing it stitched makes me like it a lot more. It really is pretty tiny on the 36ct linen; I did Christmas on 28ct and it looks a lot bigger in comparison:

And Saturday I made a start on the third in the series, Big-Hearted Tiny Town:

I'm doing this one on 36ct linen as well, since I found this color that went so well with the design; it's from the Eggs Collection by Nicholas Flamel Design on Etsy. I've contacted the finisher who made the drums for the model photos on these charts and have arranged to send the three pieces to her when they're completed; I just don't enjoy doing finishing work, so I thought I'd have it done so I can enjoy seeing these in my craft room.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

10 comments:

  1. Melanie: Lady Of Mystery looks so rich on the fabric you chose, it is a beauty for sure, the Tiny Towns are adorable, nice start on the new one.
    I hate being taken away from stitching, Monday and Tuesdays are my busy cleaning and errand days.

    Catherine

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was disciplined enough to have particular days for particular chores--I just wait until things are dire and then do everything at once... :D

      Delete
  2. Lady of Mystery is looking so pretty.
    Love those tiny towns!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Tiny Towns are kind of addictive; looking forward to seeing future designs in the series.

      Delete
  3. That is definitely a BAS - big arsed skirt LOL
    The tiny towns are very cute too. I do like a tiny house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I think it's deceptively big--it's not a big poof, it just keeps going down and down... :D

      Delete
  4. Wow, that's a lot of skirt! Should be easy fill in work, though.
    Great work on your towns - the Valentines one is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scrollwork in parts of the skirt are the hardest; since I don't want to put the beads in first I have to count and recount the blue stitches. Once those areas are done the rest should be easy--if time consuming!

      Delete
  5. She already looks amazing, that skirt will certainly enhance her!
    Those villages are so sweet, I don't think I've ever seen a Valentine one. How nice to send them away to be finished and know they will come back amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't sent out many things for finishing, but I love the drum finish and I know I wouldn't be able to do it justice as my sewing skills are sorely lacking.

      Delete