Monday, January 24, 2022

The race is on!

I heard from Wichelt last week and should be getting a new model in a couple of weeks, so now it's a race to see if I can finish lady of Mystery before it arrives. I'm thinking probably not, but I'm hoping it's close enough that I can just wait to start the model until I do as I really don't want to put her aside and have her go unfinished for a long period of time. I would like to send her to Jill Rensel for framing, and since that can easily be a 6+ month process the sooner I send her the sooner I'll get her back. 

The border is now complete except for a few beads and I'm getting into the larger part of the dress so progress will look slower from now on:

I'm using beads for the scrollwork on the dress, because you can never have too many beads:

I do have to wait for some more Qsnap extensions that I've ordered to arrive so I can have the entire piece in the frame once I finish the part of the skirt in the first photo, or if they don't ship soon I'll have to take another frame apart to get some more extensions. I hate to do that though, because then the piece that's in that frame is more likely to get set aside and end up in the never-ending WIP pile...

In SAL news I did finish the next parts in two that I'm working on; this is part 9 of The Rooky Wood:

And part 2 of Cecilia Votta's seasonal SAL:

Yesterday I made a start on Heart in Hand's Patriotic Tiny Town:

I wanted to get this one started because the third in the series, Big-Hearted Tiny Town, will be arriving today and I'd like to try to stitch these as they are released. I really enjoyed Christmas Tiny Town and the other two are just as cute--in fact I think Big-Hearted might be my favorite of the three so far.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

10 comments:

  1. Your SALS are turning out so cute.
    Lady of Mystery is so pretty, that scroll work is intense!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Intense is exactly the right word--so much double and triple checking to make sure no stitches are missed!

      Delete
  2. Melanie: You are making great progress; Rocky Wood is really showing great progress.
    I am in love with Patriotic Tiny Town so sweet.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine! I wasn't in love with Patriotic Tiny Town but decided I would try to stitch the entire series as new ones are released; now that I can see it in person I like it very much.

      Delete
  3. She is coming along beautifully and there is no such thing as too many beads!
    Nice progress on your SAL's and Tiny Town, I love that little skater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved cross stitching when I first started, but discovering designs using beads/bling is probably what kept me going for 35+ years now! I love the little skater too; Cecilia has a way of creating detail without a ton of colors and on a fairly small scale.

      Delete
  4. Your lady looks great, I'm sure if the extensions arrive soon you can get her done in time! I really love your colour conversion.
    Great work on the SALs as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The extensions finally arrived on the day I had already dismantled another frame to get to some--of course!

      Delete
  5. Lady of Mystery is fabulous! I do hope you can get her finished before you need to start the new model.
    You really can't have enough beads in a large design like this one!
    Well done on keeping up with the SALs too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! Model arrived yesterday so finishing LoM is going to take a while now, but at least I can do that skirt in smaller sections between "work" stitching and break the monotony a bit.

      Delete