Monday, July 25, 2022

Getting Batty-er!

Last Monday the next two charts in Amy Bruecken's A Little Batty SAL arrived and I spent most of the week getting them stitched up:

It's such a fun design to work on that the stitching goes quickly and now I have to wait another two months for the final three charts to be released. If they go as quickly as these did I should still have time to get them done before Halloween.

On Thursday part 8 of Cecilia Votta's seasonal SAL came out, so after I finished Batty that afternoon I spent that evening and Friday getting caught up:


Then I should have gone back to Simplicity Vintage but I got distracted by the news that Heart in Hand will be releasing a new Tiny Town at the Needlework Expo next month, and it's the Halloween Tiny Town! Cecilia showed a sneak peek on a live stream she did with Fat Quarter Shop, and I absolutely love the design:

Since I was so excited but obviously couldn't stitch it yet I did the next best thing and started HIH's Doodles: Halloween which I had picked up at my LNS about a week ago:

I'm going to take two (or three) more days to get this done and then get back to work on the Simplicity kit--although I just remembered that the next part of the Dragon's Blood SAL will be released on Thursday so I'll probably do that first...

Also on the live stream they mentioned that Cecilia did a small free chart for the shop, which can be found here; it's a cute little Christmas ornament that would stitch up very quickly (you can actually see it in the screenshot from the live stream).

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

6 comments:

  1. Those Halloween pieces are too cute!
    Love the new Tiny Town, I need to get some of those, they are so cool!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Tiny Towns are so fun, you should definitely try one!

      Delete
  2. Lovely work on your SALs but the star is the Halloween Tiny Town. I just need to find a UK stockist now. Thanks for the enabling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited about the Halloween Town--it's going to be a long month!

      Delete
  3. You're really enjoying your SALs lately - they all look great, as does the new start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the past I've rarely, if ever, kept up with SALs--not sure what changed but so far I'm doing much better with them.

      Delete