Monday, July 18, 2022

Simplicity Vintage fun

I've now spent a week working on this Dimensions kit and am happy with the progress I've made. It's a bit slow going in places as I'm trying to smooth out some of the lines and not leave obvious blank spaces that seem to be a part of Dimensions designs since they don't use any partial stitches in their charts; this is how it looks as of last night:


Just for fun I took a couple of photos of the figure on the left before and after back stitching, because I always enjoy seeing the difference it makes:



I was a bit disappointed to realize that the fabric I chose must have been mislabeled--it says it's Edinburgh linen but it must be Belfast as I'm getting 16 stitches/inch instead of 18. If it had been Edinburgh the stitched design would have been very close in size to the paper pattern, but now it's going to be a bit larger; not a huge deal, but I might have picked a different fabric if I had realized this sooner. 

I did take a day to stitch part 16 of the Dragon's Blood Mandala so I could stay current:


The next two charts in the A Little Batty SAL were mailed last week, so hopefully I'll have them very soon and can get started--they'll make a nice break from the Simplicity piece.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

7 comments:

  1. It's looking great.
    Yes, the back stitch adds so much.
    Love that Mandala.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn; hope your having a great summer!

      Delete
  2. Great proress on the Dimensions kit and your SAL! I'm very proud of you, staying on top of everything like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much--I'm really trying to be more disciplined and not just throw things in the WIP bin all the time! The key for me appears to be to stay caught up, as once I get behind the odds of quitting are very high...

      Delete
  3. Your elegant ladies do look lovely with their backstitch added. But very frustrating about the mislabelled fabric. I'm beginning to think I need to double check every piece I choose now.
    The Mandala is looking fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! I've only had mislabeled fabric two or three times but it's annoying when it happens--at least this time I didn't have to rearrange things to make them fit!

      Delete
  4. The SV is awesome! The backstitching makes the picture much better.

    ReplyDelete