Monday, August 22, 2022

While digging out the printer...

I am happy to say that the fix for our dishwasher last Monday was relatively quick (though not all that inexpensive for being quick!), and I got a great deal on a printer that afternoon so I am in a much better frame of mind today. The new printer is wireless, so now I don't have to connect a cable every time I want to print out a chart--love new-fangled technology! 

However, I did have to spend some time digging the old printer out from beneath a pile of WIPs, and I came across Just Nan's 12 Days of Christmas WhimZi. According to my blog I stitched the first block last December, so it's been in the pile for a while now; seeing it again made me want to take a break from larger projects and work on it for a few days. Yesterday I finished Day 5:

I'm stitching them on a piece of Tattersall linen; I like the way it's coming out, though I'm still playing with the idea of adding a border around them to fill out the squares a bit more. For now, I'm putting it away again, but I look forward to getting past the halfway point the next time I work on it.

Also yesterday I received the ninth part of the Cecilia Votta SAL, and have made a start on it:

It's the final part of the summer scene, which I should finish today; it's good timing because also today I should be receiving "a very large Mirabilia" from Wichelt, so that will be my focus for at least a few weeks. I'm a bit apprehensive about that description, as I'm not sure what they consider to be a large Mirabilia--hoping to satisfy my curiosity soon.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

6 comments:

  1. Love that Just Nan on the Tattersall. Is that the recommended fabric?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! These are meant to be stitched separately and then framed in the little WhimZi frames that Just Nan produced for a while. They do show a mockup of all 12 together but not on the Tattersall--they do two across and six down with no space between the blocks. I just had this fabric and thought it would be fun with the design. Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Oh, that Just Nan 12 Days looks like just the right kind of itty-sized bites to work on in between larger projects - speaking of which, 'very large Mirabilia' sounds kind of intriguing. I'm guessing either multiple people or MASSIVE skirt? We'll find out, you much before us of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a great size to work on--I can get a block done in a day and a half or so. Always nice to have a finish, even if it's tiny!

      Delete
  3. Lovely work on the Just Nan 12 Days. I stitched them as one piece a couple of years ago.
    I think something the size of Sleeping Beauty would be a "very large". I group would be nice, maybe a Tea Party?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't say much, but I was a bit relieved when I saw the chart--my imagination is almost always worse than the reality!

      Delete