Monday, August 29, 2022

Since it's not "too big"...

I received the new model last Monday and was relieved to find that it wasn't especially enormous--my imagination is almost always worse than the reality when it comes to expectations! Before I started i,t I finished the latest installment of C. Votta's SAL, so that's caught up until 9/21 now:

After that was finished I started the model and worked on it for a few days, but then Nora Corbett had to go and release a design for her Patreon subscribers and I was lost! She just joined about a month ago, so I'm not sure what kind of content she'll create going forward but she designed a dragon as a thank you to her supporters there. The chart she shared is hand drawn, as all of her charts start out, so to make it easier to work from I spent a couple of days with my Hobbyware software making a computer-generated version; as a side benefit I get an image of what the final design will look like (not exact, but close enough):

Of course, once all the charting work was done I just had to reward myself with a start on it, since that's the fun part! I might work on it for another day or two, then I plan to stitch the part of Dragon's Blood Mandala that was released last Thursday and then get back to the model. Although, Hands on Design has a Costume Party SAL that starts this Thursday, and the new Halloween Tiny Town should be here soon...my head is going to explode with all the possibilities!

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

6 comments:

  1. That's an awesome Dragon.
    Can't wait to see more!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could devote more time to him--it's always fun to see a design emerge that doesn't have an actual photo to compare with.

      Delete
  2. So many possibilities! I know the problem. Glad the model is going well though, and that dragon is very interesting. I'm still rooting Nora might release it regularly some day if enough people are interested in this kind of design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other stitchers always understand the desire to work on everything; sometimes I think I have stitching ADHD!

      Delete
  3. I'm also getting very excited about Dark October coming up and every spooky stitch I want to work on!
    Thanks for doing the work on charting out the dragon. It's undeniably Nora - it looks like one of her Queens turned into a dragon! Ultimately, I can have two standard charts for the price so it's helped me not feel the FOMO. I shall enjoy your progress instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that, one of her queens turned into a dragon!

      Delete