Monday, September 5, 2022

When things start breaking...

...they go in waves--I can now add a laptop and a car power window regulator and motor to the list of casualties. My wonderful husband got me a new laptop for my birthday, so that was an easy fix (aside from the two days spent making sure I had all my files either on a flash drive or my new laptop!), but the car window problem not so much; the car is 32 years old now, and the car place couldn't find a replacement part so I ended up having to buy one from a seller on eBay--not the most confidence-inspiring situation! The part came last week and I have an appointment set for tomorrow for the shop to install it, so fingers crossed it actually works.

Things almost always go well in the craft room, though, where I've been working on Hands on Design Costume Party SAL; the third and final part dropped this morning so I'm hoping to get it stitched up today. Here are the first two parts, released on 9/1 and 9/3:



I bought the suggested fabric for this, but I had this piece of Silkweaver's Halloween Haunting on Wexford linen that went really well with the colors so I decided to use it instead. The finishing instructions will be released in a couple of days, but as I still haven't done the finishing on the HOD Cookie Exchange that came out at the end of last year I'm thinking it will be a while before I get around to finishing this one!

In between the parts of this SAL I've been working on Nora's Rogue Dragon, which now has a face:


I'm going to put this away for now, as I plan to spend at least the next two weeks on the model--well, except for maybe a day to stitch part 20 of the Dragon's Blood Mandala when it comes out this Thursday; I finished part 19 last week:



I hope those who celebrate it are having a relaxing Labor Day long weekend, and to everyone a great stitchy week!

6 comments:

  1. Yes, multiple items usually break at once.
    The Costume Party is so cool on that fabric.
    Other great stitches!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I've reached my limit for now for things breaking, but I'm scared if they go in 3s I'm at four right now with two more to go!

      Delete
  2. The Costume Party is such a cute design, it's been fun seeing all the different versions.
    The Dragon looks great, very much like the seahorses in Bluebeard's Mermaid to me.
    Fingers crossed nothing else breaks now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right, his head does look like the seahorses--hadn't noticed that before. Wish I could work on him more...

      Delete
  3. Hopefully the things-breaking-down will be done for now! Fingers crossed. At least your stitching is going,and looking, great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; at least stitching rarely lets us down!

      Delete