Monday, September 12, 2022

Only a small "break" last week

I'm very happy that the part I bought on eBay did the trick and my car window is operational again--yay! And only one minor breakdown last week when a light fixture broke; after going to all three big hardware stores here in town and not finding a replacement I found one online and a couple of days later all was well again--for now! I'm at five now, so if things go in threes I'm still due for one more...

Last Tuesday I finished up the HOD Costume Party SAL, which turned out to be a very cute design:

This also came with four little costumed characters to be stitched on perforated paper, but those will have to wait for now, and I have no idea when I'll get around to doing the finishing on this--when I do maybe I'll do the Cookie Exchange finishing as well!

I intended to get back to the model after this was finished, with a day or two to get caught up with the Dragon's Blood SAL but then Heart in Hand's Halloween Tiny Town arrived in the mail Tuesday evening and I couldn't resist starting it. I've been working on it since last Wednesday, and didn't even get to the Dragon's Blood release yet because I love this one so much. I was thinking of adding some purple floss to the design, but decided to stitch it on purple fabric instead and I'm really liking the combination; here it is as of last night:

Cecilia designed a complimentary Halloween Frill that could be stitched alone or added to the town, so of course I had to get that as well and started that part last night. The chart called for Onyx for the windowpanes but the model shows Snowball so I asked Cecilia about it, and she said she changed from Onyx to Snowball but forgot to change the chart. Since the house is already white, I decided I liked the black windowpanes better to add a bit more visual interest. I'm hoping to get this done this week, as well as Dragon's Blood, then get back to work (for sure this time!).

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

8 comments:

  1. Hey just found your blog through Rachel's blog (Ten Hour Stitcher). Nice to meet you. Love your beautiful stitching pieces.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment, and thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. That looks good on purple fabric.
    The Costume Party is too cute!
    Sorry you had more crashes. :(
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes it feels like life is one big series of crashes! :p

      Delete
  3. Wow, all this gorgeous Halloween stitching surely is worth a bit of a delay on your model stitching, and we all know you'll get caught up in now time!
    Fingers crossed that's been it for the breaking things, now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, so good, but I keep waiting for the sixth thing to fail!

      Delete
  4. Halloween Town is adorable! I definitely need this one. The Hands on Design is very cute too. I enjoyed seeing everyone stitching that in her FB Group

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you love Halloween stitching as much as I do--these were both a lot of fun. I'd like to do Halloween Town in brighter, more varied colors someday but no idea when that will happen!

      Delete