Monday, October 24, 2022

Batty!

After getting the last three charts late I finally finished Amy Bruecken Designs Batty! SAL last week, and it was worth a bit of bother because it's so cute!

The checkerboard pattern at the bases was supposed to be stitched with black and white flosses, which I switched out for a green and a variegated floss; this meant I needed to make some changes to colors in the characters' shoes (and other elements) that wouldn't have shown up with the new base colors. The fabric is one of two pieces of 32ct linen from The Fragrant Lilac Collection by NicholasFlamelDesign on Etsy; I added about four new floss colors (besides the checkerboard colors) and rearranged existing colors and am very happy with the result. I am sorely tempted to get Amy's Lucky 13 charts, but I just can't bring myself to spend $130 (13 charts at $10 each); maybe someday I'll find someone selling their used charts, or, even better, someone who would work out a trade for the Batty charts.

After that was finished I stitched part 11 of Cecilia Votta's SAL, which now has just one part remaining. There is more to the house in this part, but I'm waiting until I have the whole thing to work those areas:

Yesterday I worked on Tempting Tangles Dragon's Blood SAL part 23, which I should finish today:

Now that I'm this close to finishing I'm once again thinking about trying to use the existing parts to complete the rest. I really need to get back to the model now, so if I could spend another couple of days to finish this then I could really focus on that for a while. I'll mess around with it today and see what happens.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

7 comments:

  1. Batty is so cute!
    Great progress on your SAL's .
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn; I've never been this good at keeping up with most SALs, especially at the same time!

      Delete
  2. Great progress on all these SALs - Batty really is wonderfully fun and cute, and the other two are so close to finishes now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Batty adorable? Amy definitely has a great way with Halloween designs.

      Delete
  3. What a fun Batty finish! I like the colour changes you made. I hope you are able to find the charts you want for less or swapping, that is a little pricey.
    Your SAL looks lovely, so close to being finished!

    ReplyDelete