Monday, May 8, 2023

Gather Round club halfway done

Last Monday morning I finished the stitching on HOD's Gather Butterflies and then did the final finishing that afternoon, so two of the four seasons are now fully complete:

I'm looking forward to seeing what gets gathered in autumn; leaves or pumpkins are probably two likely choices, but I'm thinking Cathy will do something different--will hopefully find out in June!

The next two HOD Polar Plunge charts should be in shops soon; while I wait to order them, I decided to get started on the finishing for them. I painted and sealed the ornament boards and picked up a big piece of matboard that I'll start cutting to shape this week. I decided not to cover the boards with scrapbooking paper, as I like the look of them plain like this:

While I wait for the new Tiny Town, Polar Plunge and Quilting A-Bee-Cs charts to arrive in shops I decided to pull out Primitive Needle's Black'd Skie. I looked back in my blog and saw that I last worked on this in December 2021, so I guess it was time to get it back out and finish at least one more square!


I should be able to finish square four today, then I might start on square five so I can stitch on it in between working on the Polar Plunge finishing preparations. 

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous work, I do love Cathy's quirky humour - who would have guessed "Gather Butterflies" but it works so well.
    I do like your brightened Black'd Skie too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! I'm having fun with Black'd Skie; it'll hang by Witches Hollow, which I also added colors to, so hopefully they'll look good together.

      Delete
  2. Very cute Hands On projects, Cathy has such cute designs.
    Love Black'd Skie!
    Marilym

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always liked Cathy's designs but hadn't really gotten many over the years; not sure why they suddenly appealed to me enough to buy them, but they're a lot of fun to stitch.

      Delete
  3. Melanie: Cathy's designs are adorable, I like the idea of getting the boards ready for the Polar Plunge designs.
    Black'd Skie is a lovely design, I am looking forward to seeing it all stitched.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine; hopefully it won't be another year and a half before I finish it!

      Delete
  4. Oh, well done getting caught up on the 'Gather Round' SAL, make a start on finish-finishing, AND picking up a neglected WIP! You've been very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; I'm really trying to be better about not starting so many things and rarely finishing any of them...

      Delete
  5. You finished them beautifully, such pretty designs.
    I've been tempted by the Polar Plunge, the bear is especially cute!
    Nice to bring back Black'd Skie, how many more squares are there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should "take the plunge" (LOL)! Black'd Skie has six squares, so I'm a bit more than 2/3 done as of now.

      Delete