Monday, July 24, 2023

On a finishing roll!

I made steady progress on Gather Pumpkins last week, finishing the stitching on round 1 on Monday:


Round 2 on Thursday:


And the final round was completed Saturday night:


Sunday afternoon was spent finishing, and now the I have another set completed in the series:


It's hard to believe that there's only one season left. I'm thinking it's almost certainly going to be Gather Snowflakes, but maybe Cathy will surprise us!

Here are all three of the seasons to date:


Last week I also got back some pieces from my framer that I dropped off in March--this time they only took four months instead of eight! Just Nan's Frosty Hopes and High Hopes were stitched around 2003-2004:



And Frosty Forest by Country Cottage Needleworks was stitched in 2009. The fabric is Silkweaver's Karma Belfast linen; I used some Caron Waterlilies for the trees and border, and "lit up" the windows:


Now that I'm all caught up with the Hands on Design pieces, my plan this week is to try to get part 2 of Erica Michaels' Quilting A-Bee-Cs done:


I've gotten behind on this one; part 3 was recently released but I think it will take a couple of weeks to arrive at 123Stitch, so I'm hoping to have this done before then.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

13 comments:

  1. Greetings Melanie: You did a beautiful job on your finishing.
    I am looking forward to seeing the next season you do.
    Nice progress on A-BEE-C's

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comments; I always see things I could have done better with the finishing, but I'm reasonably happy with these!

      Delete
  2. I forgot to mention the framing is perfect on all your stitching.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great finishes - it's a beautiful set and your finishing is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't think I'll ever enjoy the finishing process, but it's nice to be able to do a little.

      Delete
  4. Your finishes are all so pretty, & your framed pieces too.
    Can't wait to see the next Gather series.
    Sadly to say, Lois Caron has passed away.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn. Yes, I saw that Lois had passed; very sad, but what a gift to have lived a life sharing your passion with so many people.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful finishes. Love the frames you picked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! I always enjoy trying to find the "right" frame for a piece. :)

      Delete
  6. Oh wow, you have definitely gathered goodness in those sweet finishes!
    Your framed pieces are all so lovely, I love the kitties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, aren't the kitties sweet? They're pretty much the reason I bought those designs!

      Delete
  7. Well done stitching (and finishing!) these little designs. They look really great together, and I think 'Gathering Snowflakes' would be a cute way to complete the set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad I've made myself do the finishing, even if I can always see something that could have been done better. :p

      Delete