Monday, July 17, 2023

It's a wrap on the Polar Plunge series!

I still haven't been doing a lot of stitching, but I did manage to get all six of the Polar Plunge designs completed last week:


Then I made myself work on the finishing, because I knew if I put them aside for a while there was a really good chance that they would sit around for a very long time (or forever!) in a drawer. Cathy made a video tutorial for this series, which isn't really a great medium for the way I learn--I much prefer written instructions with photos, but I was able to work it out and get decent results:


I didn't use the scrapbooking paper on the boards, as I like a cleaner look, and I used a different paint color, ribbon and cord. The paint is a dark teal, which is kind of hard to photograph accurately:


I have some silver jingle bells, so I might still sew one in the middle of each ribbon like Cathy did, but for now I'm just enjoying the sense of accomplishment on having these all done!

I also finished the little Mill Hill ornament I'd been working on; the marshmallow snowman is such a cutie!


I received the third kit in the HOD Gather Round club series last week, so I started that a few days ago:


This time I started with the middle chart, since it has quite a bit of over-1 stitching in it; I wanted to get that out of the way early this time, instead of doing it last. It took me several hours yesterday to stitch "gather", and I still need to do the word "pumpkins" as well as the pumpkins next to that. But it will be nice when this one is done, and all the rest of the stitching is over-2.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

12 comments:

  1. Your Polars turned out so pretty.
    The new series looks great.
    Mr. Snowman is too cute!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work on everything. I love the Polar Plunge finished set. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie; Cathy really outdid herself with the Polar Plunge designs and finishing!

      Delete
  3. Greetings Melanie: I like your idea better with the paint, I think the paper design takes away from the stitching design.
    The Marshmallow Snowman is adorable, I love Mill Hill designs and beads.
    Nice progress on your new start.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine! While I liked Cathy's finish with the paper, I don't think it would have worked with the fabric I used, and I do like the cleaner look of it.

      Delete
  4. Ooh your polar series turned out so cute! I'm trying to catch up on blogs after being so busy with the move. I keep you in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the prayers; I have my next scan in just over two weeks so I'm getting nervous again. I was so happy to read that your move is complete, and of course the photos of your werewolves always bring a smile. Looking forward to seeing your new "celebration" stash!

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, your polar plunge series looks great! Well done finishing them right away as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, you finished that series beautifully! They look great on the teal.
    Your ornament turned out so cute, I still need to stitch mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mill Hill kits can get addictive--I stitch one and suddenly I'm looking for more and ignoring other WIPs!

      Delete