Monday, June 26, 2023

Too much "real life"...

...not enough stitching! The past couple of weeks have been pretty busy, so I haven't done much stitching; I was a bit surprised to find I completed as much as I did when I went to take some photos.

I added a sign to my second Any Town Tiny Town building (a photo of the original shop can be found in this post):

And I found another great local shop that I think will make a really cute addition/substitution:

Once the sign on the shop was done, I worked on Hands on Design's N is for Narwhal, which is just adorable!

I've made a start on Penguin Pair, will then work on Puffin Party and hopefully make an attempt at the finishing once all six are stitched:

I had to spend a few nights in a hotel, so I took a Mill Hill ornament kit with me since working on a small piece of perforated paper is so simple:

I think I'll probably just finish this before I go back to Penguin Pair, since it's over half completed. Hoping to get back to my normal routine soon; I'm such a creature of habit that disruptions of any length are difficult for me to deal with.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie: So many wonderful designs in your WIP basket.
    I am looking forward to seeing the penguins finished, I love penguins.
    I love exploring new to me shops.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine; I love penguins as well--they always make me smile!

      Delete
  2. Your shops are looking good.
    The Dairy will be a cool addition.
    Those Hands On designs are so cute.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn; I'm excited to see what I can do with the dairy.

      Delete
  3. Your tiny town looks adorable so far! How many buildings do you think you'll end up with?
    I love all the Hands On Design critters, they are so sweet.
    My friend gave me that MH, but I haven't started it... yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still waffling on the Tiny Town, as to how many local buildings I'll try to incorporate. I'll know more when the chart arrives, which should be any day now!

      Delete
  4. I think that's a good amount of stitching. The narwhals are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I stitch one of the Polar Plunge charts it becomes my new favorite--they're all just so cute! I really love the word narwhal though, so it might be my ultimate favorite.

      Delete