Monday, June 12, 2023

New Mirabilia model coming soon

I'll have photos to share of MD188 this coming Thursday, but I just wanted to make a short post showing the two Any Town Tiny Town replacements I've been working on for most of last week:

I'm still deciding whether to add a sign to the purple building. The business is called Schmalz Landscaping, but the sign is separate from the building so if I add it then it will look different from the photo, but if I don't add it then it doesn't necessarily convey that this is a local-to-me shop so I'm torn.

Now I need to wait for the chart to come so I can see if these will work with the rest of the design and decide if more tweaks are needed. I'm afraid they might be a little too big and/or detailed, but as I'm the only one who has to like it I guess there's no problem.

I'm also debating whether to try to chart the Little Chute Windmill, as I think it would be a fun addition to my Tiny Town:

I'm not sure if I could get this short enough or narrow enough, but it would be pretty cool if I could...

I'll be back this Thursday, so until then have a great stitchy week!

4 comments:

  1. They look great.
    Maybe if they are too big, you could do a separate piece with the local shops. Just a thought.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! Will have to look around and see if I can find enough unique buildings that I'm able to translate into small enough charts; hmmm...

      Delete
  2. There are such fun and quirky shops local to you, it would be awesome to see them all stitched up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I can find a few more I can do as Marilyn suggested and do a whole town with local places--might have to Google local buildings/places of interest...

      Delete