Monday, June 3, 2024

June Pixie SAL

I received another Friendstitch model the afternoon of my last post, so I put aside Warm Wooly Welcomes for a few days to get that stitched and sent back. I then returned to Welcomes and am now almost halfway finished:





I would have happily continued with this project, but a member of a Mirabilia FB group started a Nora Corbett June Pixie SAL and for some reason it just called to me. About 10 years ago, when the first set of Bewitching Pixies came out, I kitted up all six of them but have only stitched two so far:

Gigi:

And Emi:

So I located the box with the floss for the remaining four pixies and pulled out an old Silkweaver solo that I always thought would look good with one of these; looking at the floss and fabric I decided that Mari's colors meshed the best with the fabric, so that is the one I chose:

I didn't have a lot of stitching time this past weekend, but I did make a bit of progress on my new start:


It will be fun to see how much I can get done during June; the sheep are still calling to me, but I'm going to try to stick with Mari for at least the duration of the SAL.

We're still trying to determine what is going on with Murphy, as shortly after my last post the vet called and said that the test they had done the previous week showed that he didn't have Cushing's. Since then, we monitored his water intake for a three-day period and found that he is drinking more than he should be, which is obviously why he's peeing inappropriately (i.e. in the house). We are having more bloodwork done this afternoon, and if that doesn't show what they're looking for then the next step is an ultrasound. So, still up in the air, and not great because I feel stuck in the house, trying to take him out at least once an hour. More stitching time, I guess...

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

6 comments:

  1. Your Pixie's are gorgeous, great fabrics!
    The Warm Woolies are cute.
    I hope you find some answers to Murphy's issues soon.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn; at least I have stitching to keep me occupied while I'm stuck close to the house! :D

      Delete
  2. Warm Wooly Welcome is so adorable. I love your fabric selection on all of your pixies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I always enjoy trying to find the right fabric for a project--part of the fun of the process!

      Delete
  3. Poor Murphy--and poor you! I hope you find an answer soon and can get him sorted out. Your pixies are gorgeous, of course, but sometimes what your spirit needs is goofy sheep! ;O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally get it--those goofy sheep make me so happy to work on!

      Delete