Monday, September 28, 2026

Another goal met

I was happy to finish Teresa Wentzler's You Were Hatched last Wednesday, a bit earlier than I had thought I would. I spent most of one day just doing the back stitching on the dragons; it's a pretty subtle impact for all that work:



The border also took most of a day, with the metallic back stitching taking almost as long as the stitching; here is the completed design:


I'd like to finish this as an ornament before the retreat, but I'm not really feeling the urge to actually do it yet. I've been in a cleaning mood lately (probably already anticipating "hibernating" for the winter), and once I'm done inside the house I need to start getting the landscaping ready for winter. 

Nora Corbett's Misses Blueberry and Blackberry arrived today, so I'll probably start one of those tonight or tomorrow. While I was waiting for them to get here, I pulled out a Mill Hill kit, Feline Friends, that I had started back in July when I was traveling to a couple of retreats; here it is as of last night:


I'm planning to take this with me when I go to Charlotte in a couple of weeks; hopefully it won't take 10+ years to finish like the other Laurel Burch kit in this set... 🤣

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

8 comments:

  1. Hatched looks great.
    Can't wait to see more of the Laurel Burch project.
    I did yard cleanup yesterday as it was so nice out.
    It's supposed to rain most of the week here.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been beautiful weather, hasn't it? I always love the (not long enough) times of year when we don't need AC or heating.

      Delete
    2. Hubby wants to turn the heat on, I told him wait until October when it gets colder. :)
      I love this time of year.
      Marilyn

      Delete
  2. Ah, the dreaded backstitch! It makes the dragon pop though. You can see her/his eye in the pre-backstitch piece. The Friends will look spectacular when it's done. Happy Hump Day🤗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelly! I'm used to back stitching bringing more "oomph!" for all the work that goes into it, so this felt a little less than exciting. 🤣

      Delete
  3. Hi Melanie: Congratulations on the finish, I like the dark fabric, metallic threads are not my friend, or should I say i am not a friend of theirs, giggles. Nice progress on Feline friends, so sweet.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Metallics are not the easiest to work with, but they sure are pretty. 💖

      Delete
  4. Oh, look at that dragon! He's amazing! I know the backstitching can be a pain, but so worth it in the end.
    Feline Friends is sweet, great colours!

    ReplyDelete