Monday, December 9, 2013

What was I thinking...

...when I decided to stitch Santa's Village over-one on 28ct Tattersall linen?! Oh, that's right, I was thinking how cute it would be in the individual squares of the fabric. What I wasn't thinking was "Gee, I wonder if the fact that my eyes are now 46 years old (well, 45 when I started) will have any impact on this decision"!

Yep, for about the past year or two, I have noticed that it's getting harder to focus on close-up needlework. But I still have 11 houses to finish on this piece--ack! Well, since it was a Country Cottage Needleworks WIP-it Weekend on another blog I contribute to, I decided to pull this out and stitch a bit on it. Here is where I had left off almost a year ago:


And here is what it looks like after working on it Saturday and Sunday:


The "whole" piece so far (yeah, not even 1/6 of the way through!):


To give a bit of perspective, here it is next to Raccoon Cabin, which is stitched over-two on 32ct linen:


Sure, it's cute, but now I'm in a race to see whether my eyes completely fail me before I can get all 12 houses done--blech!

For now I really need to get back to the model I should have been working on. This is just a bad time of year for concentrating on large designs, because there is so much other stuff that needs to be done around the holidays.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you about the eye-sight...but I'm sure you can do it. You do great stitching!

    ReplyDelete