Friday, September 26, 2014

Boo!

That is what ghosts say, so it seemed a fitting title for this post since I finished Ghostly Mandala by Ink Circles this week:


The pattern can be found in the Just Cross Stitch 2014 special Halloween issue. I stitched mine on PTP Mire Cashel, using Mill Hill beads (requires 5145 beads). While the beads look black in the picture, they are actually rainbow black; this picture shows the different colors a bit better:


I have now moved on to my Lizzie*Kate Tingles WIP. Today I finished up part nine, so there are three parts remaining:


This one is being stitched on PTP Cauldron Belfast. Depending on how much stitching I get done this weekend, it might be close to finished by Monday. Ever since I finally finished the model I was working on for two months I've been loving getting to decide what I feel like working on; so many projects are calling to me!

Hope everyone has a great stitchy weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the gorgeous finish Melanie. Love the Tingles.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought the JCS mag just for that one pattern! And I love your take on it with the beads - brilliant and beautiful (I admittedly don't have the "bravery" to take that on ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Ghostly Mandala looks fantastic, especially on your chosen fabric. It's a shame photos never do a piece full justice as it must look even more stunning in real life. I love the Tingles too. Do you think they'll be finished by Halloween? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ghostly Mandela looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the beaded pice, it's awesome
    I love Tingles,

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great finish, and it must be stunning in person! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Mandala is gorgeous! Excellent job! Tingles is coming along nicely too. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic finish. Mandala is incredible.
    Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Ghost Mandala looks awesome!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete