The ornament on the far right contains DMC labels, which I recently heard someone mention doing. I just wish I had flattened the labels before putting them in, so the insides didn't show so much. Otherwise, I'm very happy with the project. It was fun putting the orts in the ornaments, and coming across piles of colors from certain projects.
Another year-end task was to get my stitching journal up-to-date; I found out that I hadn't updated it since last March!
While doing the updating, I realized that I had only stitched two Nora Corbett designs in 2014, Faerie Summer Love and Gigi. This, of course, made me want to stitch on a Mirabilia design right away! On Saturday night I finished a model for Judy Odell, so yesterday I pulled out Mirabilia's July Amethyst Fairy, which has been sitting in the Bucket o'WIPs for many years:
Having a July birthday, I remember being very disappointed when this design came out as an Amethyst Fairy, as my birthstone is ruby:
I set out to convert her to a Ruby Fairy, which wasn't easy! However, I'm pretty pleased with the result so far, so I would really like to finish her up before I move on to another project. I did just a bit of work on her yesterday:
I remember now why she ended up in the Bucket, as the wings are a blend of floss and blending filament, which is not great to stitch with (and the wings are huge!). But I am determined to persevere this time! As an added incentive, she is one of the original 20 WIPs that I set out to "slay" back at the end of 2011. I have gotten pretty far off from that original goal, but I do still know that the list is there!
Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!