Monday, May 4, 2015

A finish, a WIP and a trip...

...oh my!

I finished up Day Nymph last week, and just love how the entire piece turned out! From conception (3/16/15):


To completion (4/28/15):


The fabric is called Darkness Falls, on opal Belfast; Leslie at Under The Sea Fabrics created it for me just for this piece, but liked it so much that she added it to her regular line. It is a gorgeous fabric!

Here is Night Nymph:


And Day Nymph, in her sunrise-colored dress:


My wonderful husband got me a gift certificate for our 24th wedding anniversary to get some framing done, and I think I'll take Charlotte and the Nymphs (sounds like a singing group!) in when I get back from Italy.

For my next project, I pulled Mirabilia's Titania from the Bucket o'WIPs, where she has been residing for 10+ years. She had the misfortune to be started on the recommended fabric, as this was right before I discovered hand-dyed fabrics, and I just have a hard time working on such a bland color. However, she is much too pretty to never finish, so finish her I shall!

Here is where I left off many years ago:


And here she is as of yesterday:


Mostly I've just added the back stitching and beads, and worked a bit on the ribbons. She has such a beautiful face:


I've always thought that Titania, Midsummer Night's Fairy and Adia have three of the prettiest Mirabilia faces.

This will probably be my last post until the later part of May, as I leave for The Primitive Hare stitching retreat in Italy this coming Sunday. I'm due home on the 20th, and I imagine it will take a bit of time to get back in the swing of things here at home. Hopefully, I'll have lots of beautiful pictures to share in my next post.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week (and month!); arrivederci!

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely wonderful great stitching.
    Very original.
    I m very happy that you will visit my country.
    Do you go to the Expo in Milan?
    i wish you a very good trip. Ciao Giovanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitching Melanie. Have a great trip.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun on your trip - hope to see some Italian shots on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous stitching!
    Have fun on the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. capolavori, sei bravissima

    ReplyDelete
  6. Titania is too pretty to not finish.
    Have a safe trip and a fantastic time!
    Have fun stash shopping too. :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful stitching! I wish I could stitch as fast as you:) Have fun on your retreat:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. always happy to see updates on your stitching. Love the nymphes, they are on my whislist. Looking forward to see your framed pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I have stumbled across your lovely stitching blog and have enjoyed scrolling through your projects. They are all so beautiful! I have just begun my first Mira, Feather Fairy and am so enjoying the process. Thank you for sharing your work here! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete