Friday, September 4, 2015

A finish and an almost-finish

To combat the stitching blahs, I decided to put my large projects aside and just stitch up a couple of small designs. The first of these is from Sue Hillis' A Wintry Mix:


Sue had a name-the-chart contest on the 123Stitch message board when she designed this chart, and I had the second place name, which was Snowflake Forest. She kindly sent me a free chart even though I didn't win, and this is my favorite of the trees in the design.

I then decided to finally start on Curtis Boehringer's Happy Halloween, for myself this time. About a year ago I stitched this little cutie for someone, who wanted the colors shown in this picture:


The original chart only calls for three colors, which are orange, black and brown. I like the colors in this version, but I love the colors in the one I'm doing now:


I should have this done in the next day or so, so I'll share the finish in my next post.

Hope everyone in the US has a terrific Labor Day weekend, and to everyone a great stitchy weekend!

14 comments:

  1. I love the little tree with the cardinals. They're so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in your Pumpkin Halloween version. What is the blue that you are using? Congratulations on your cardinal tree finish! Enjoy your weekend!

    Robin in Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo I love the new Halloween colors! The tree you picked is my favorite of the bunch too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very lovely.
    Little projects are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the cute finish Melanie. Love your new start and colors your using.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, I love that snowy tree - so gorgeous! I too like to stich small projects sometimes - it is great to have the satisfying feeling of a finish every now and then:) Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little tree is cute.
    Love that dotted fabric.
    Your CB Halloween looks great with those colors.
    Have a great weekend!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tree and I love your new version of the Halloween ornie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your tree - looks great against the dotty fabric! I don't often stitch designs twice but that Halloween one is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness... I love the tree with the red birds... Vey pretty also love the pumpkin cats... They all look sooooo different.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work! I really like the modifications you made to 'Happy Halloween'. I love the fabric, too. Very lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this halloween pattern are you selling it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not selling it, as there is a design on the back that I still want to stitch at some point; sorry!

      Delete