Monday, January 9, 2017

Still keeping up

I think this has to be a record for me, keeping up with not only one, but two, SALs. I'm starting to think that I might be able to go all the way with these!

Here is the Tempting Tangles Welcome SAL, parts 1-9:


Now that the word "welcome" is finished (except for some bits at the bottom), I'm looking forward to seeing the parts that come next.

This is The Beautiful Sea by Ship's Manor, parts 1-7:


It will be half way to completion after the next part, and I'm hoping for more little sea critters.

I spent a day getting caught up with those pieces, and another day working on one of the designs in Sue Hillis' Dark Shadows leaflet:


This is stitched over-1 on 20ct Peoria Purple linen from WDW, and I used petite black beads for the dangling bits at the bottom. There are six charts in this leaflet, and I want to stitch them all; I bought the WDW linen in Aztec Red and Blue Jeans as well, so I think I'll stitch two on each color. Maybe I'll have them all completed by Halloween...

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

8 comments:

  1. Both of your SAL projects are looking good as does your Halloween piece. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on keeping up with the SALs, they both look fantastic! And I love that first finish. I think I need to add that leaflet to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on keeping your with your SALS and what a gorgeous Halloween stitch! I love the purple fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both SAL's are looking great.
    Love the Dark Shadows, they will be awesome.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely progress on your SAL pieces. I absolutely adore the Dark Shadows ones! I'm going to have to go look those up so I can stitch them myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like so much your works!! so beautiful!
    You can visit my blog http://somnisapuntdecreu.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just been catching up...
    Well done on your finishes, your newly-organised craft room, your SAL stitching and your model stitching! Such a lot of work! I love the way your pieces have been framed and finished; you have the perfect eye! :)

    ReplyDelete