Monday, April 16, 2018

Ah, spring in Wisconsin...

...NOT! This past weekend we got over 16" of snow, which is almost more than we got all winter! The mail didn't even make it through on Saturday:


We had gotten several inches of snow a couple of weeks ago, so I filled the bird feeders for the poor birds that came back too soon; with the current snow they hardly have to fly up to the openings!


On the plus side, no spring yard work means more stitching time. I've made fairly good progress on the current model, so I took a few days to get caught up on a couple of SALs. The first is Catch the Wind, which now has had two parts released; I added one more color of floss to this one (so far), and both the color and the name fit in well:


The Swans & Shears SAL is up to part 7 now, so almost to the halfway point. I finished part 6 just before the next part was released:


Then kept going on to part 7:


The lightness of the swans has been bugging me, so I decided to see if adding some back stitch was going to work. Here it is before:


And after:


I probably would have liked the motif better if I had used darker floss, but I'm happy enough with the back stitched version so it will stay as is.

I did put in a little time on Spook Town Square as well, though I'm starting to think I won't have this part finished before the next chart comes out in May:


Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful progress Melanie. The swan looks fantastic with the backstitch.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a lot of snow! Good for you to make use of the extra stitching time. I love the new SAL and the swan does look better with the backstitching, great choice.
    I think you won't be too far behind on the Spooky Town Square, you made some great progress on that one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are gorgeous! And wow... that is some serious snow. We had snow and ice this weekend, so not much accumulation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have the same «spring» in Canada xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stitching. I do prefer the swan with backstitching, until you mentioned it I hadn't even noticed it in the photographs. x.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we are all sick of snow, after all, it should snow in winter, not spring!
    We also had snow, but not quite as much as you!
    The little Chickadees were hiding under the cars to escape the wind, poor little things.
    We do have food out though.
    Great progress om all of the SAL's.
    The back stitching makes the swans stand out better.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. 16?! Okay, I'll try to stoup grousing about the 3" we got today. ;)

    Beautiful progress on all your projects. I really like the way the outlining worked on those swans - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly have made the most of the snow! Beautiful stitching on all of your projects. I love the Ship's Manor SAL in particular, the colours look great in your chosen fabric. Swans and Shears is stunning and I agree with your other commenters that the swans look great with their backstitched outline.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the one with Sail - word written on it.

    ReplyDelete