Monday, December 3, 2018

Can't settle down

This time of year is always stressful, as aside form the usual chores of cooking and cleaning you add in shopping for and wrapping presents, and putting the tree up and decorating. This is my husband's busiest time at work, which involves a LOT of travel, so it falls to me to "do" Christmas at our house. I'm always relieved when December 26th rolls around!

Speaking of my husband travelling, I have to share his latest "adventure": he was about an hour into a drive to Cleveland when a high-speed chase came up right behind him, and just as the driver of the car being chased came even with him the police threw down road spikes and all four of hubby's tires were flattened at the same time. He had to cancel the trip for that evening, but his customer enjoyed his story about the reason for it!

Here at home I'm having a bit of a hard time settling down with one project; the extra time needed for holiday preparations means stitching time is curtailed, and I seem to spend the time I do get waffling around from piece to piece without actually getting much done. I did finally decide on some buttons to use on Enchanted Alphabet, to help blend in the pink spot on her skirt:


Then I thought that maybe a smaller project would keep my interest, so I started Mirabilia's Portrait of Antique Vines using some Silk'n Colors to change out the pinks. Here is what the original looks like:


Here are the greens I'm using:


And here's the latest progress:


I was actually doing pretty well sticking with it, but then Joan Elliott released a new design and it really called to me; it's called Fairy of the Wind:


I ordered it last Monday as soon as it came out, and received it Friday afternoon. After a weekend of stitching here is what it looks like:


I'm changing a few of the colors out to make it a bit softer, so hopefully that will work out the way I see it in my mind; always fun to play!

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week (or at least enough stitching to stay sane at this busy time of year)!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½❤️😍❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour choice for the Mirabilia, I want to use this kinds of colours myself when I eventually get around to it as aquas have always been my favourite shades and I knew I would never do it in pinks. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enchanted Alphabet is so pretty.
    Great new projects!
    What a story to tell, I hope they replaced your hubby's tires.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you DH is okay, I hope they replaced his tires!
    The buttons look good, perfect for her dress.
    I like the pink on the Portrait, but the greens you've chosen look great too.
    Oooh, she is a pretty one, it's nice to see her face first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your husband is okay after that adventure! It seems fun to hear about afterwards, but I'm sure it was scary at the time.
    Love your stitching - the buttons on the Enchanted Alphabet are just perfect, I love the tiny ones along the hem. Great colour choices for the Portrait and great start on the fairy too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sad your husband's tires went flat like that, and he had to cancel his trip. I hope he got new tires from somewhere.
    The lady you stitch in green looks awesome. The lady thats' original picture is black.

    ReplyDelete