Monday, July 29, 2019

SPOILER!! Lizzie*Kate Frightful Mystery Sampler part 1 finished

Don't scroll down if you want it to remain a mystery! I'm putting the picture from 123Stitch here so the picture of the finished piece doesn't show up on any thumbnails of this post:


I was really excited that L*K would have a new Halloween mystery design this year, so I ordered it as soon as it hit 123Stitch, and started it right away when it arrived last Monday. I chose Cauldron Belfast from Picture This Plus for the fabric, and I'm using threads from stash that are fairly close to the recommended floss. I did add a purple floss and a couple of DMC variegated threads to the mix, changed some color placement around and added some extra beads, so this isn't exactly what the design will look like if stitched as charted:


Really looking forward to part 2 now!

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

5 comments:

  1. Great start!
    I'm glad that she still designs, even if it's just periodically.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh that cat is cute! I'm actually not overly fond of mystery designs, so I'm glad to be able to see it here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a fun one, you're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fabric choice! Looks great. I look forward to your Part 2 also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgot....
    We need some pics of the little guy!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete