Monday, November 18, 2019

Orchid Party

Two new Nora Corbett designs were released last Friday, so I can share them now. They are part of a new series called Orchid Party, and the first is NC269 Imperial Lady D:





Followed by NC270 Miss Cymbi:




When I stitch these NC designs I usually try to do the largest one first so I can feel like I'm on the downhill side once it's done, so I started with Imperial Lady D. However, the skirt on Miss Cymbi felt pretty big while I worked on it, so it's almost a toss up as to which was actually more work!

Today will be a very happy day, as I should be able to finish the the current Mirabilia model and submit a picture for return approval; hopefully no changes will be needed and it can be on its way. I was so worried that I might not make the deadline and now it'll be done three weeks early--after 30 years of stitching you would think I could estimate time better, but I'm still horrible at it! There were a lot of mistakes in the chart, most of which occur when the graphic designer at Wichelt converts Nora's hand drawn chart to a computer-generated version--this one has a lot of colors/symbols, so maybe that caused more mistakes. Hopefully I caught all (or at least most) of them, as I'll be disappointed if any are found after printing; I guess I'll find out next April, after it's released!

Now I will be taking a few days to get my house in order and maybe do a little stitching just for fun, then it will be on to the final Tempting Tangles model.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

5 comments:

  1. So very beautiful. The thread color combination used in the first one shown is stunning. Enjoy seeing your work you share on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are beautiful, great job!
    I love Imperial lady D.
    Those are my colors!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these are gorgeous. I never thought about it, but orchids are such beautiful flowers, it seems almost strange that there were no 'Ladies' for them yet. I especially love the colours on Lady D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so lovely! Thank you for sharing them with us, I've been reading your blog and it's really a little gem, thank you so much for taking the time to write it and provide us with detailed pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both beautifully stitched, those colours are gorgeous. Although I'm not sure about Lady D not having a face.

    ReplyDelete