Monday, September 28, 2020

A few small finishes

 Wow, I didn't realize that it's been over a month since my last post--time is flying! I've been working on a Mirabilia model but having a bit of a hard time concentrating so I've also been stitching on some small designs. The first one is one that I started back in February, Lizzie*Kate's A Little Boo, which I was able to finish in a couple of days:

The fabric is a small Silkweaver solo on Belfast that I just love, and there was enough left over to stitch another small piece so I went stash diving and found another L*K design that would fit called Halloween Flip-it:


They have now joined Luna Biscornu in the "to be finished" pile, as I'd like to make them into ornaments at some point. I received a link to some great biscornu finishing instructions after my last post which I have already printed out, so now it's just a matter of feeling the urge to do the work. Speaking of the Luna Biscornu it's now available from Joan and is even being offered in pdf format (which I don't recall Joan doing before so maybe she's testing it out for future releases) and she has used my photos for the cover of the chartpack:

Joan's ordering page can be found here (there's a great Halloween design that was added recently that I've been trying to resist!).

There were three new Rosewood Manor charts released recently, one of which was one I finished and sent back just about a year ago. It's called Celtic Knot Challenge and it was a fun stitch:

The model was stitched with Sullivan's floss. It was the first time I had tried the brand and I found it just the same to work with as DMC. It does seem to have a more matte finish, but it makes a nice, reasonably priced alternative to DMC, which recently had another price increase.

I also have one more fairly small finish, Nora Corbett's Winter Owl:

This is from a new series called Holiday in the Forest and I am really looking forward to seeing which other animals will be featured. This one (and Winter Nest, released at the same time) is just 4" x 6" so it stitched up quickly and I'm looking forward to stitching the nest next, but probably after I finish the model.

Finally, the daily temperature SAL has remained up to date: 

I remember that yellow square (54F) back in March being so much fun to see and stitch, but the green square (48F) in September not so much! We've been warmer than average for the last little bit, but colder is coming now.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!



3 comments:

  1. Cute LK's.
    Love that Biscornu, how nice of her to feature your stitching on the cover page.
    You will probably have another green square on the Temp SAL, it's cold here!
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so many fun finishes! Love the Halloween smalls on that fabric, and I really need to get Joan's Lunar Biscornu at some point. That Celtic Knotwork looks like fun to stitch too, especially the smaller motifs.

    ReplyDelete