Monday, July 12, 2021

SALs update

I'm happy to say that I have once again remained on track with both of the SALs I'm currently doing and have high hopes of staying with them until the end. Both had new parts released on July 1 and by July 4 I had Au Fil des Nichoirs completed:

I was a bit disappointed that the October house/scene wasn't Halloween-inspired, but I don't think Halloween is widely celebrated in France so I suppose it's not surprising. I thought about adding a ghost button coming from the house but even the smallest button was too big and just didn't look right. If I wasn't trying so hard to stay caught up with the stitching I might have spent some time playing around with the chart to add some Halloween elements but I just didn't have the ambition right now so this is how it will stay--I still love the design and am looking forward to a finish in just a few weeks now.

On July 7 I finished part 7 of the Cecilia Votta SAl, and on July 8 I extended my Qsnaps and stitched the boxes for the three remaining parts:



 

I think we stitch the two smaller boxes on the left in the next part, then the two on the right and then the large middle box in October. The designer has added the word Advent in two other languages at the bottom but I don't really like that so I will either leave it as it is or come up with something else to do; right now I'm leaning towards leaving it like it is because I think it will look "finished" without anything else at the bottom.

For now I am back to work on the Rosewood Manor model and hoping to have it done by the end of the month, and I received a new Mirabilia model last week so I am itching to start that as soon as the RM piece is on its way back to Karen.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

6 comments:

  1. Those are very cure SALS.
    Congrats on your progress.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn; hope you're having a good summer!

      Delete
  2. Well done keeping caught up! I love those cute bird houses and the pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hardly ever stick with a SAL, so staying with two at the same time is definitely a new experience for me; it helps that they're so cute, especially the bird houses.

      Delete
  3. Nice work on keeping up with your SALs. I suppose the October birdhouse is purple and has a pumpkin, you could make the roof black and add a face to the pumpkin!
    Excited to hear about the new Mira model but then remembered we won't see it for months LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew if I started trying to chart out changes I would fall behind in the SAL so I decided to stitch it as is, but it definitely could have been made more Halloween-y. This Mira model won't come out until next June, but I stitched the one coming out in August so stop in after the 15th to see her.

      Delete