Monday, November 15, 2021

I want to stitch all of the things!

I am currently feeling almost giddy with stitchy choices as I sent a model back last Friday and now should have at least a month with no models in the house--so exciting! The first thing I did was get caught up on the Rooky Wood SAL, which had part 4 released last Thursday:


Saturday I took a ride up to my LNS in Green Bay, The Stitching Bee, and came home with some goodies. I've been looking at Heart in Hand's Christmas Tiny Town for a while now, and as Kendra had it in the shop I finally bought it; as an added bonus she even had all of the over-dyed threads in stock. So that evening I picked a fabric and made a start on it; this is where I left off last night:

I'm already thinking I'll get the Patriotic Tiny Town, and the designer has said there will be more in the series so I will be watching for those in the future. Sometimes a simple design like this where you can have small finishes within a larger piece is just so fun to work on.

Another design that I had on my wish list for quite a while was Madame Chantilly's Cats in the Rain. I leave things on my list for a while and then once in a while I go through and either delete or buy some of the items--this one made the "buy" cut. I'm thinking I will start it after I finish the Christmas town, so it is ready to go; I'm changing the yellow coat to pink and the blue umbrella to purple as those colors seem to go a little better with the fabric I chose (the little kitty needle minder was another find at my LNS):


I'm going to change some of the kitties colors a bit, and I was going to make the girl's hair a lighter brown like mine used to be but then I thought I'll make her hair white like mine is now (I'm "only" 54, but my hair turned white in my forties so I've learned to embrace it by now!). Hoping to start this one later this week.

After these I might try to get another block done on Black'd Skie, and I'd also like to get another CEC mitten stitched up soon. It's been a while on these now so I still have a spring-themed one kitted up, even though I'm more in the mood for Christmas now. Speaking of Cross Eyed Cricket and Christmas, there is a cute Christmas freebie now available on her site--another one I'd like to stitch! I can already feel my free time slowly slipping away...

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

4 comments:

  1. Melanie: I love the Fairy she will be beautiful.
    The first design looks like a fun stitch.
    Tiny Town is adorable, i really love that deer.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute projects.
    Madame Chantilly has some cute designs.
    Have a great week!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rooky Woods is looking great. I also love the Tiny Town, I'll have to keep an eye on that series. I also like Madame Chantilly, I have her Halloween Town chart. Somewhere...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also very much in a 'stitch all the things' mood right now, but I still have a couple of deadlines projects I need to focus on! Hope you are enjoying your model free time. You picked some very cute starts, I'm sure they'll be a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete