Monday, December 6, 2021

The easy part is done

The Hands on Design Cookie Exchange SAL started last Wednesday with part 1, followed by part 2 on Friday and part 3 yesterday, and I managed to get all of the parts stitched on the day they were released:


 


I did make a few very minor changes, including using a Rhodes stitch for the holly berries instead of the Smyrna stitch that was called for; it made for nice, rounded berries:

So that's the easy part complete--now we get the finishing instructions tomorrow and that's the part that I'm not very good at! I'm hoping it'll be simple enough for me to do a decent job on as it would be nice to add this to my decorations when I get them out later this week.

On the days between installments I finally got around to starting Madame Chantilly's Cats in the Rain, which I am changing up a bit:

There are nine cats in this design, and while I've never had that many at one time I did have eight in my house for several months back in 2011/2012 when my mom lived with us for a while and brought her four cats. Here's a picture taken at feeding time (otherwise they would never be this close together!) of all but one of the kitties:

This week I need to get some cleaning done and then get the Christmas tree up and decorations out so stitching time will be curtailed, but I'm hoping to get Cats in the Rain finished by the end of next week. That would work out well if I end up getting a model from Wichelt in the next couple of weeks; I have really enjoyed having some time solely for my own stitching, and now am getting ready to get back to "work" feeling refreshed.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

9 comments:

  1. The HoD is very cute, love the little cookie cutter charms too.
    I'd also love to have that many cats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having that many at once was maybe a bit much... :D

      Delete
  2. Melanie: The Christmas design you are doing is so sweet.
    I love to bits the Cats In The Rain design, so cute.
    Oh so many cats in one home, I would love to hear all that purring.

    Merry Christmas
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Purring is seriously my favorite sound in the world! One of my kitties used to wrap herself around my head at night and I could both hear and feel the purring, which was pure heaven.

      Delete
  3. That's a cute design, can't wait to see the finishing of it.
    Cats in the Rain is too cute!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finishing is on hold until I get the double sided tape I had to order, but that'll give me time to psych myself up for it! :D

      Delete
  4. That SAL is SO cute! You'll do just fine finishing it. :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! I got the instructions and it actually looks like something even I can do fairly well, but now I have to wait for the double sided tape I had to order.

      Delete
  5. Great work on the SAL, looking forward to seeing that finished...and I love your colours on Cats in the Rain, great job!

    ReplyDelete