Monday, January 17, 2022

Lady of Ice is taking shape

I have been stitching like crazy on my conversion of Lady of Mystery; when you don't have a photo of what a final design will look like there's a huge sense of anticipation that makes you want to just keep going until the full picture emerges. I'm at three weeks of work now and I'm well past the halfway point, though her dress gets pretty big at the bottom and that's a lot of solid stitching that will take longer than the open scrollwork in the top half. Here she is as of last night: 


I went with blue for her dress, which is why I didn't want to say anything before I had some progress to show as I know a lot of people would think there needed to be more difference between the fabric and the design, but sometimes subtlety suits a design better than "pop". I think she looks like she's at one with the night and the frost garden around her, and am very happy that she's turning out pretty much as I pictured her in my head for several months. 

I did take a couple of days away from her to work on a couple of SALs; the first was part 8 of The Rooky Wood:

The second was the first part of Cecilia Votta's seasonal SAL:

Both of these have parts being released later this week, but until then I'm hoping to get a lot more progress on my lady.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

11 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous conversion of Lady of Mystery! I've seen the original picture online and thought "oh, that's pretty" but your colour choices make it amazing! Love the icy effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad my "icy" vision is turning out how I had hoped.

      Delete
  2. She's beautiful!
    Those SAL's look cute.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady of Mystery looks amazing! The dark blue is a lovely choice, there is enough contrast with the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping there would be enough contrast--the fabric has shades of violet blue while the dress is more navy, but you never know for sure until you see it all together. I'm really happy with the way it's turning out.

      Delete
  4. Melanie: She is amazingly beautiful, the scroll work is beautiful.
    Nice progress on your other projects.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The scrollwork was one of the big draws for this design and it doesn't disappoint!

      Delete
  5. Great progress on your mysterious lady! I don't usually go for a *huge* amount of contrast between floss and fabric. Even if it's the same colour, you can still see a difference through the texture, so sometimes less is more! Great work keeping up on your SALs too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leonore! I've done a couple of other designs where the fabric was very similar to some of the floss colors and people had questioned it in early progress photos. Not that it matters, since I'm the only one who has to like it, but it's nice to know others "get it".

      Delete
  6. The LOM looks awesome! The blue dress is perfect, at least if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete