Monday, January 15, 2024

Brrr!!!

We've had a pretty mild winter here in Wisconsin up until recently, but between the snow we got last week and the polar vortex that has settled in it has definitely taken a turn for the worse! Lows in the negatives, highs in the single digits and wind are making it feel awful, and here is our current snow situation:


Roxie and Murphy are having a horrible time trying to get their business done before their feet freeze, poor babies. I think we're supposed to get back to 30F in a week, which will feel almost tropical at this point!

On the plus side, I've had a lot of extra stitching time while I've been hunkered down avoiding the cold as much as possible. I finished the third of three models last Monday, then had a couple of days to work on Fairy Idyll while I waited for another model. I completed the stone face at the top of the design; it was a time-consuming process, but it turned out beautifully:

The drapery is stitching up much more quickly and I look forward to getting back to it when the current model is done. It's a Tiny Town that arrived last Thursday afternoon and I'm already past the halfway point, so I'm hoping to finish it by Wednesday or Thursday.

I also recently received a chart that I've been looking for off and on for probably 10+ years and I've already kitted it up so I can start when I have the time and inclination. It's called Princess Wandabee and I've just always thought it was so cute; there's something about the expression on the face of the frog that she's kissing that just makes me smile:


Hope everyone has a great stitchy week, and stay warm if you're in the polar vortex!

10 comments:

  1. We got brutal cold here in Indiana too. Not much snow though. Send it my way haha. Congrats on finishing your model. I remember how it was fun to celebrate that but not able to share makes it sad. I just love your witch pattern. How hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, you understand the thrill of a finish that can't be shared yet. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, that stone face is so detailed! Hope you get some warmer weather soon, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty bad when you're excited about temps in the 30s! :D

      Delete
  3. Mother Nature is paying us back for a mild winter!
    Fairy Idyll stone face is awesome, & worth the time & effort.
    The Frog on Princess Wandabee is too funny!
    Enjoy stitching it.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping we'd get through winter easy this year, but the stupid polar vortex had other ideas!

      Delete
  4. Thought that stone face was a needle minder--wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always amazes me how Nora can get so much detail with six colors (in this case five colors and a blend of two of them) and a bit of back stitching. :)

      Delete
  5. Hello Melanie: It has been warm here in central Minnesota, we have had very little snow, but still cold up until a couple of weeks ago, no snow on the ground now, today in the 50s, nor so bad for the Midwest.
    I love the stone face, so pretty.
    I do like the frog with his tongue hanging out when the witch kiss's him, so funny.
    I hope you are having better weather.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine, we have had a warm-up as well--feels almost like spring. Isn't that little frog the cutest? Just cracks me up!

      Delete