Monday, May 20, 2024

Silver Moon Tea is done

All the momentum I gathered at the retreat paid off and I was able to finish her up on May 8 after languishing in the WIP bin for 12 years:



I still have one gift certificate to my framer, so I'm hoping to take her over when the mood strikes and have her framed--not that I have any wall space left...! The fabric is 28ct opalescent Lugana Rosey Glow from Colours of the Outback (no longer in business); I normally prefer 32ct, but all those beads around the moon fit really well on the 28ct so I'm glad I used it here. One of these days I need to dive back into the WIP bin and see what other beauties I could pull out and actually finish.

The same day I finished SMT I pulled out Heart in Hand's More Any Town Tiny Town, framed it up, found my starting point and stitched one little cloud, but it doesn't show up very well in the photo:


I'm stitching it on PTP Demoiselle Belfast, and I'll be stitching the first Any Town Tiny Town on it, as well. The day after I started this one, I also started Amy Bruecken's 365 Days of Warm Wooly Welcomes, with the plan of alternating between the two pieces; however, I love Wooly Welcomes so much that I've been working solely on it for the past week and a half:



This one has quite a bit of back stitching, but it's fun watching it bring the designs to life:





This is being stitched on Fragrant Lilac Collection Belfast from Nicholas Flamel Design, using the recommended WDW flosses. It is such a fun stitch and has brightened my days over the last week or so. It looks like my Murphy has Cushing's disease, so it's not great; right now, we're waiting on some test results that I think will determine the dosage of medicine he'll be taking to try to treat some of the symptoms. Still pretty uncertain on the prognosis at this time, so I'm just trying to give him extra love (and treats) while we figure things out:


Hope everyone has a great stitchy week, and Happy World Bee Day!

10 comments:

  1. SMT is gorgeous!
    Congrats on your finish.
    I am also pulling out WIPS & trying to finish some.
    If I'm not interested, it gets eliminated.
    The Amy Bruecken piece is cute.
    Prayers for Murphy.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could eliminate WIPs and even charts that I won't stitch, but I always feel like I might get to them when the right mood strikes; guess I should have picked a hobby that has faster results!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous finish! It's always such a good feeling to finally finish something that's been waiting for years (we all have those projects).
    Butterfly & Marigold send nose boops to wee Murphy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Murphy gratefully accepts the nose boops from the werewolves. :D

      Delete
  3. Tea is really pretty. I love the color of Demoiselle; I didn't know PTP put out a color like that. Hang in there Murphy!! Extra treats and love is always good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PTP has so many colors it's hard to keep track of them all! I think Demoiselle came out four or five years ago, and I've had this piece sitting around since then.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful work on everything. I just love the Wooly Welcomes. Too cute. I agree BSing really helps the designs pop. So sorry to hear about Murphy and I sure hop the meds can help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm loving the little sheep, really enjoyable to work on.

      Delete
  5. Wow, SMT looks gorgeous! Mirabilias always look so stunning close up with all the beads, the cover pictures rarely do them full justice. These little sheep are adorable too!
    Fingers crossed things will work out with Murphy. He looks like a very good boy and deserves all the love and treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leonore; I think Mirabilia cover photos are just too small to do justice to the designs!

      Delete