Monday, November 11, 2019

Tempting Tangles to share

Last week two Tempting Tangles SALs came to an end so I can finally share pictures. The first is Moment of Time, which I actually stitched three years ago:


I think this one would be fun to do again using over-dyed threads (and maybe some beads) in a different colorway, but no idea when I'll have the time to do it!

The second design is Quakers in England, which is the third in Deb's "Quakers in..." series:


I loved working on all the little motifs in this one, and while the cottages were quite a bit of work they look amazing, so well worth the effort.


The first in this series was Quakers in Holland, which is currently unavailable; it will be released in full chart form next March. The second was France, which is still available for a short time more, then will be absent for a while until it comes out as a full chart. England has just been completed, and Japan is currently three parts into a SAL; I stitched that model as well, so I'll show some of that design as more parts are released. Scotland will be the next stop in the journey, and I'll be starting that one very soon. You can check out Deb's new shop for these and a lot more gorgeous designs. A word of advice: if you like any that are current or just-completed SALs you might want to get them now, as when they are released in full chart form later they will cost about twice as much.

I am very relieved to report that I am now confident that I will be able to finish the current Mirabilia model by the December 10 deadline. It is a big design, and I was really concerned that I hadn't set enough time aside, but I have made good progress in the past six weeks and the end is starting to appear so I am feeling much better.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

7 comments:

  1. Love Tempting Tangles SAL'a.
    You did a great job on them, so pretty.
    Can't wait to see the next Mirabilia that you are working on.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Marilyn, your kind comments are much appreciated. Stay tuned for Mirabilia MD169, which will be released next April--it's a beauty!

      Delete
  2. I just found your blog and I love your stitchery, fabric choices and your furr babies are precious. I went back to the beginning and have been enjoying all of your sample pattern stitching, you are amazing. I love your choices of fabrics and your color choices. Just found 2 older Just Nan Samplers at a local Thrift Shop and in love with these as well. I will have to live to 155 years to finish what is in my head. Keep stitching all that you love. Thank you for your time that you give to your followers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Mary! I'm a blogger in a Flosstube world, so it's nice that someone new found me and took the time to comment. Enjoy you new "old" Just Nans, they are all beautiful designs!

      Delete
  3. Those designs are gorgeous, especially the Moment of Time one (I think this could be a great design to use those elusive DMC gold skeins in, as well!), and the Big Ben 'star' is so fun! I'm really looking forward to seeing the Japan quaker one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, and I have one of the golden skeins--great idea! I was thinking of using it for Lady Justice's scales whenever I can get back to her, but there would be plenty left over.

      Delete
  4. Your Moment in Time looks wonderful, I love the colours.
    Quakers in London looks great too, and the houses are amazing!
    I'm looking forward to see December's Mirabilia.

    ReplyDelete