Monday, August 9, 2021

21 years and two weeks

 As mentioned in my last post it took 21 years to start the Mirabilia ornament in the JCS Christmas Ornaments 2000 issue and then it took two weeks (actually eight days but with a break in between) to stitch it. I finished it last night and checked it over twice for any missed stitches before putting the magazine and floss away, then of course this morning I spotted three missed stitches right away! Those are now fixed and hopefully this is the completed ornament:

Luckily I only had to make up the 1 in the date, as any other number might have been a bit tricky. The fabric is PTP Cyprium Belfast, which looked fairly similar to the fabric used for the model. I'm thinking I might get this framed as I think it's the same size as Nora's Peace Doves ornament that I had framed and they would look nice hanging together as a set:

As a fun side fact the 2001 JCS Ornament issue listed the same designers on the front cover as the 2000 issue, and as this included Mirabilia I was very excited to see her ornament. I must have looked through the magazine four or five times before realizing that there was no Mirabilia ornament included, and I'm still bummed about that 20 years later!

During my break from the ornament I completed the Jardin Prive SAL Au Fil des Nichoirs, including going back and making a few changes to previous parts, and I am really pleased with the finished piece:



It's been a long time since I've been to my framer and I have several gift certificates that need to be used so I think I'll try to get over there sometime this week with a few pieces, including these two.

For now I'll be working on a Mirabilia model that I started last night, and next week I'll share some pictures of MD177 which should be released next weekend.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

3 comments:

  1. That ornament screams Autumn to me!
    it's so pretty, would look great framed.
    The JP SAL is too cute.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finish for the Ornament. I really like Peace Doves too.
    It's the 15th very soon now LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ornament is lovely, but I love the little bird houses even more! Well done keeping up with that SAL!

    ReplyDelete