Saturday, August 14, 2021

Mirabilia's Botanical Garden

 I stitched this model last fall and today I can finally share! This is MD177 Botanical Garden:



I absolutely love her and am hoping to stitch her for myself at some point; it's not a huge design so I should be able to squeeze it in sometime, maybe as a project for the weekends.

I think she arose from this painting that Nora sold back in December 2019:

I just wish stitching wasn't such a relatively slow process--I have dreams where I can stitch a Mirabilia in a day or two and it feels amazing. Of course, to even those dreams out I have nightmares where I've taken a Mira in to be framed and the framer has cropped the fabric and framed it really badly (off-centered and with bunches in the fabric) so it can't be fixed--always good to wake up from those!

Feeling the need to add a note here now that this has been posted--I wrote this up on Saturday the 14th and saved a draft but didn't post until Sunday morning after the chart was released. Don't want to get in trouble for sharing before it was released...

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

6 comments:

  1. It's so pretty, & her face is beautiful.
    Great job!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous work! Must put her on my must have list. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, she's gorgeous! Very different from her usual designs, especially the face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful! If she was a printed needlepoint picture and I didn't know her actual name (Botanical Garden), I'd call her "Queen of Flowers".

    ReplyDelete