Monday, February 13, 2023

Almost time for some reds

I spent most of last week working on the 2006 Mirabilia Christmas Tree, and I'm getting closer to the red skirt at the base of the tree--it will be a welcome change from all the greens!

I'm hoping to have this done by the end of this coming weekend but that might be too ambitious--a finish before the end of next week for sure, though. This will be the second of the six trees I've stitched and now I'll have to decide which one to do next, which will be a fun choice. Someone had asked for a picture of all of the kits so she could see which ones she had/needed, so here's a photo I took of all six:

The other one I've completed is the 2011 tree: 

I'm leaning towards starting the 2007 tree next as I love the little doves nestled in the branches, but I'll decide for sure once the current one is done.

I did take a bit of time to start Hands on Design's new Gather Round club design, Gather Wildflowers. This is going to be a set of four seasonal designs that are finished and can be displayed on the rounds that come with the kits (if I can ever make myself do any actual finishing!). I made a small start on Friday night because Cathy was hosting a Zoom meeting on Saturday morning and I wanted to stitch on the project while I watched. I made pretty good progress through the 3 hour meeting, so here's where I was after that:

I didn't get much more stitching done that day, but enough that I decided to spend a few hours finishing it on Sunday morning before getting back to my tree:

I'm going to finish the tree and then probably get back to these and try to get the next two in this set done before I start anything else. Cathy took a photo of the Zoom meeting while it was going, and while I hate photos of myself I figured this one was small enough that it doesn't bother me--I'm in the blue shirt towards the right side in the second row:

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

10 comments:

  1. Your tree is looking gorgeous! You can see from the gaps how much bling is going to be added. I think all six make a great series because of how different they are to each other.
    Nice work on the HoD project, the Zoom looks fun, even if people are hiding behind their stitching for the camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo; it was my first Zoom meeting so it was a good way to practice. Now that I kind of know what I'm doing I might be more open to virtual retreats, which seem to be getting more and more popular.

      Delete
  2. Great progress on the tree.
    That looks like a fun Zoom.
    The project is pretty.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn, I was kind of proud of myself for figuring out how to Zoom! :D

      Delete
  3. Hi Melanie: I love the tree you are working on, the beads really add that special touch, I have the 2007 tree that needs to be stitched, ahhh some day.
    Cathy always has such great zoom visits.
    Have a great day.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine; the 2007 tree is probably my favorite, but any one of them would be a joy to stitch so I can't go wrong with whichever one I choose to do next!

      Delete
  4. Yay for the bling, it's looking great so far! They are all beautiful trees, do you have all of them?
    Gather Round is going to be lovely, what fun to be stitching it in your Zoom meeting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, there are six in the series and I have them all--just need more time to get them all stitched!

      Delete
  5. Your tree is coming along great! Not an easy choice which one to do next, but I think the 2007 one is my favourite.
    Your small finish is really cute - that must have been a fun zoom call, with all of you stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been Zoom averse until now because I'm horrible at trying new things, but I'm glad I made myself do it--might even start trying some virtual retreats!

      Delete