Monday, February 6, 2023

Lady of Ice is finished!!

Okay, she's really Mirabilia's Lady of Mystery but when I created this conversion for her I thought that anything she touched turned to ice so in my mind she's Lady of Ice. I'm so happy with the way she turned out and I just love how the Kreinik looks on the dark blue fabric (a one-off from HLCFabrics), though for some reason it's hard to get the colors to show accurately in some of the photos; the second and third photos come closest to the actual fabric color, and I adjusted the first photo to try to get closer to the actual:






I've added a page to my blog with the conversion notes, in case anyone is interested. I reached out to Rensel Studio last Friday after I finished her but I haven't heard back yet; really hoping I can send her to them soon. I imagine it will take close to a year to get her back, so the sooner I can send her the sooner she'll come home!

Saturday afternoon I pulled out Mirabilia's 2006 Christmas Tree, which was actually one of the WIPs I posted about planning to finish when I started this blog 11 years ago. I'm not sure when I actually started it, but it's probably been more than 15 years ago now; here it is in the last photo from January 2012:


And here it is as of last night:


There is so much green to stitch! I did some on Saturday, then Sunday I decided to add some of the bling so I'd have something pretty to look at as I worked my way down more layers of green; it took most of the day to add the beads and treasures and I love the way it looks now. This one is also on a fabric from HLCFabrics, but it's been too long and I don't remember the name of it anymore. I'm hoping to stick with this one until it's finished now, but we'll see what comes up...

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

14 comments:

  1. She's gorgeous!
    Congrats on your finish.
    That's a LOT of Kreink!
    The tree is looking great.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn; it was a lot of Kreinik--probably good I didn't know how many spools were ahead of me when I started!

      Delete
  2. Wow she is just gorgeous. Congrats on the fantastic finish. Love the Christmas tree. The bling adds so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bling is what made me fall in love with Mirabilias all those years ago, when I didn't know cross stitch could have beads and treasures.

      Delete
  3. What a finish! Wow!
    I love that tree but I am coveting that needle minder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went through a big Claybykim phase a few years ago; her minders are little works of art.

      Delete
  4. Hello Melanie: She is stunning, so beautiful.
    The Christmas Tree will be beautiful, nice progress on the tree.

    Have a great day
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lady of Ice is just stunning! Especially on that fabric. The Tree is so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! I wish I knew of a dyer that made a similar fabric, it's just such a nice combination of colors.

      Delete
  6. She's stunning! You did so well with the conversion. Great job picking up such an old WIP too, and it's so shiny with the bling you added!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm very happy that the conversion turned out so well--always a bit nervous that I'll spend a lot of time stitching before realizing that I don't like the result.

      Delete
  7. Wow, your version of her is gorgeous! I can't wait to see how Jill/Amber embellish her when they get her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They let me know that it arrived safely, now I just have to patiently wait for 9 to 12 months! :D

      Delete