Monday, March 20, 2023

Almost finished

I'm still working on HOD Polar Plunge and hoping to have all three of the current releases finished by tomorrow night. The Field of Greens floss finally arrived on Saturday and it is a really pretty color; I like how it pulls some of the greener patches of the fabric together into the whole design:


The fabric is Song of Sirens on Belfast linen from Nicholas Flamel Design on Etsy; I originally bought it thinking it would look good with a Mirabilia mermaid on it, but I really like it with this series. I don't know when the next three will be released, but I'll be ready to go when they are.

Last July I took six pieces in to my framer and I've been getting them back for the past month or so. Last week I finally picked up the last one, Jardin Prive's Au Fil des Nichoirs:



I like how the blue frame picks up the blue in the design and in the variegated floss I used to stitch the border. I also had Madame Chantilly's Cats in the Rain done:


And Blackbird Designs America:


I thought this frame was fun with the design; it comes in white, red and brown. It used to come in blue but that's been discontinued, which is a shame because I probably would have used that if it had been available.

When the woman called to say the final one was finished, she said the owner said to tell me that framing should be getting back to a more normal time frame and to bring some more over so I took five more in (I still have a backlog of gift certificates that my wonderful husband has given me); we'll see how long these take to get back.

For now it's back to work on Polar Plunge, and then hopefully I'll be able to get some more stitching in on Firefly Fairies; I'm trying very hard not to keep starting new projects and then putting them away for years at a time.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

10 comments:

  1. Lovely WIPs. They are so cute.
    Those frames are all perfect for their pieces. Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's funny how often I end up choosing some of the same frames over and over again for completely different designs.

      Delete
  2. Melanie: Congratulations on getting the designs back from the framer, Polar plunge is such a sweet design.
    I am looking forward to seeing the next five designs framed.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine, hopefully these won't take six to eight months to get back!

      Delete
  3. Great progress on Polar Plunge.
    Your framed pieces are so pretty.
    Love that star frame.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Polar Plunge designs are so cute! Well done stitching them up already, and looking forward for the next three.
    The framing is stunning! I'm a little jealous that you have such a great framer on hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leonore. The manager at the gallery quit to try to make a living from his own art and I miss him greatly because he was so good at working with me to find just the right mats/frames--it's not as fun to go there now.

      Delete
  5. The Polar Plunge looks great on that fabric, I especially love the Polar Bear!
    Your framed pieces are fantastic, I'm looking forward to seeing what else you're having framed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks; hopefully I won't have to wait quite so long to get these pieces back. I've already forgotten one of the five I took in!

      Delete