Monday, March 27, 2023

Not much stitching last week

I was able to finish the first three Polar Plunge designs from Hands on Design last Tuesday night, and now have to wait until May for the final three charts:




The boards that these will be finished on are arriving today and I already have the rick rack trim, but I'll probably wait until all six are stitched before I start the finishing; better to get it over with all at once!

That was most of the stitching I did last week as I finally bit the bullet and started clearing out the basement. Three trips to the dump and three trips to Goodwill later and we finally have a fairly organized space again! I still need to go through some of the individual plastic bins, but the worst part is over. Now when it warms up we'll have to tackle the garage--ugh!

I did do a little bit of stitching on Firefly Fairies this weekend, and am getting close to finished with the greens in the first fairy:


It seems like some of the greens in this just shouldn't go together at all, but the shading is so clever that they all seem to work as a whole. I'm planning to work on this one until the next set in the Gather Round club arrives, probably in two to three weeks.

Hope everyone has a great stitchy week!

6 comments:

  1. The Polars are so cute, can't wait to see them finished!
    Firefly is looking good, it will be awesome as it progresses.
    Not sure we are having Spring this year, how about you?
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not much spring yet; a few decent days here and there but then that 8" of snow last Saturday--ugh!!

      Delete
  2. Those Polar designs are all so cute - do you have a favourite? I think I'd have a really heart time deciding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say the polar bear was originally my favorite, but the whale really grew on me as I stitched him so now I'm not sure!

      Delete
  3. Do you already know what the next designs will be? This trio is so cute!
    Good for you cleaning up, I try to keep up but there's always something to be done.
    The fabric for the Firefly Fairies is perfect for it, looks great so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The remaining three are puffins, penguins and a narwhal, but I haven't seen any sneak peeks yet--hopefully soon!

      Delete